Friday, January 8, 2010

The Deepest Hurt

After loving her for nearly 11 years, I have lost Theo.

Despite all that has happened, all that we have been through together I thought the relationship could be saved.

I was wrong.

A long time ago, a friend of mine said that every loss brings us something even as it takes away, but I will be goddamned if I can determine the lesson from this. All I know right now is that there is a hole in the center of my life that will never be filled. Nothing has ever hurt like this. I won't go into detail because the wound is still raw, and I can't seem to find the words anyway.

How do you turn off an emotion that was built over a decade? How do you move on?




1 comment:

  1. Dude ... you went and listened to the song. Seriously though, in some perverse way -- doesn't listening to a song like this, that seems as if the song writer stole your rawest emotions and turned them into poetry -- I can't describe it, it should be like rubbing salt into open wounds, and in a way it is -- but it's something we need to do -- as if hearing another person give form to how we feel exorcises a little of the hurt. Or not.

    ReplyDelete